Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Mother's Day Card!

Here is my final Mother's Day card to post.... my Momma loves Pansies... it is amazing how many candles, frames, towels, figurines, tiles, etc. that there are to be found, and she has LOL I made a candle for her at Christmas using this set, it is a retired set called Pansies, go figure... and now am using it for her card as well. I have an amazing Mother. She is such a hard worker and does so much for everyone else. She taught me so much and I only hope to be half the Mom that she is!

I haven't gotten much done crafty'ish as the weather is beautiful and my DS and I have been getting outside as much as possible, did color this in while sitting on my front steps again. Great place to color, nice breeze, shady but natural light... just need to bring a cushion out as bricks can be a bit hard on the rear :-)

I popped up the top layer and used some light purple rhinestone brads on the corners. The flower and sentiment are both stamped in Noir Palette and then embossed using Transcendence clear embossing powder for dye inks.




Looking back now, I wish I would have made the image and layers into a magnet so she could stick it up on her refrigerator... darn it... I used my new ATG gun to adhere so I'm afraid that I would tear it up if I tried to now. Maybe next year!

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. To all the Mom's out there.... I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Make sure you tell your Mom's how much they mean to you!

The Angel Company Supplies:
Stamps: Trendy Greetings, Pansies (retired)
Ink: Noir Palette, Aegean Blue Versa Magic
Paper: Kraft, white, purple, yellow CS
Other: Prisma Color pencils with OMS, Labels One Nestabilities, Wizard, Transcendence, pop dots, sponge, brads

7 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

What a beautiful card, Teresa! I am sure your mother will adore it! I hope you enjoy your Mother's Day, as well.

Great idea for a magnet! What a wonderful surprise for her! Maybe you can just give her one as an unexpected gift sometime!

I would love to have an ATG gun. I use so much adhesive with card making and scrapbooking. Not sure where to get one, though. LOL

Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Trudy Osborn said...

A magnet would have been a GREAT idea! I love this card! So pretty! I really like the spongind

Kelly said...

Lovely card! I like the magnet idea!

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful card - great coloring and love how you turned and twisted the nestie images - really adds interest to the card.

Anonymous said...

The pansy is awesome! Great coloring. Glad to hear you are loving your new ATG gun - its an awesome tool! rita w

Alley said...

What a pretty card, your layered nesties are a nice touch...good job coloring. (I need an ATG..lol)

Jana said...

WOW. This is so gorgeous. I think with a bit of care, you could get this off to make the magnet. I pull things apart all the time. (I have an ATG too.)