Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

TAC Flavor of Fall Blog Hop

Hi all! It’s time for another TAC blog hop, this one is for the flavor of fall! I made two cards to share. The first is using one of my new favorite sets, Damask backgrounder. I colored direct to stamp with yellow, orange and red Impress markers and then highlighted with a white gel pen. The Sentiment is from Wonder and Joy. I popped it up and covered the … with pearls and put the second part of the saying “is filled with blessings!” on the inside.

Fall Damask

The next card uses the set Good Timber. I stamped it in Versa Mark and colored it with chalk. The background I smeared Versa Mark on and chalked. Then I decided it needed a bit more so I stamped another tree and popped it up! I tore the edges, inked and wet them to roll it up a bit.

Fall Tree

I love the effect the chalking gave the tree. I love the change of leaves in the fall and the blending of yellow, orange and red just hit the spot. I looked out at the many, many leaves in my yard that need raked up and decided to add some color around it on the ground for the fallen leaves, just wish I could send my leaves away as easy as sending a card!

Fall Tree 2

Now it is your turn! Take out those TAC stamps and show us your Flavor of Fall! Swing by the Savvy Projects Blog for more details and to add your link by Saturday evening! A few lucky winners will be getting some blog candy sent their way from Mischelle. Also how about hopping around and sharing some love!

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think! Have a safe and wonderful Halloween weekend!

20 comments:

StampinCarol said...

These 2 cards are fabulous! Great job using the markers on the Damask backgrounder! And great embellishments!!!
And the tree card... wonderful!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Nice cards, Teresa. I like the accents.

Tricia T said...

Wonderful cards. Your use of markers on the stamp just makes it pop! TFS!!

Angela K said...

Wow! Love what you did with the Damask Background stamp!! Both are very nice cards! TFS

Christine Pennington said...

Impressive

Sandy said...

Making me have to have that stamp! Great

Trish said...

Wow, lots of great detail. Nice cards.

Kim said...

These are both very pretty! I love the rich fall colors...

Laurie Unger said...

I love the fall colors on both your cards!

Yuki said...

Wow, you are so clever! Love the white detailing around the damask background. Both are GREAT cards!

Chris said...

I have to repeat the praise for your damask card...it's so unique and looks gorgeous! You've always got great cards here!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the damask card - how beautiful but the tree card is really fantastic - very artsy.

Suzanne said...

I really like these!

Chelsea said...

what a great way to use the damask! Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

Both of the cards are wonderful, great to see other samples with the damask.

Sharon said...

Great coloring on the stamp with markers. Love the touch of white also.

Mischelle Smith said...

Girl! You are so creative! Great cards!

Debra Miller said...

Pretty cards :)

Anna said...

Great way to color the damask stamp. It looks stunning. I love the touches in white too!

Sara said...

Beautiful cards!