Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tree of Many Colors

At a time when my yard is full of many many leaves waiting to be raked up, I am having fun with this tree set, Good Timber, instead of raking by putting different colors to it. Just a few things to say before getting to today’s card…. Check out the TAC specials Tab at the top to see new Stamp of The Month and Stamp-A-Palooza that brings double hostess benefits! (If you are viewing via email you have to go to my blog to see this tab).

I made this card for my hubby, he had his catechism for Mason’s Entered Apprentice last night and wanted a Thank You card for his instructor. This one has green and tan inks in the leaves with Burnt Umber on the trunk. I used blue prisma pencils and gamsol for the sky and sponged more burnt umber on the ground. The background is Brown CS, Willoughby PP and the tree grain was done by inking up a fiskar texture plate with Burnt Umber and running kraft CS through the Wizard. I tied my little tag on with twine.

Tree thank you

On the inside I layered white on kraft, snipped the corners and sponged them with Burnt Umber.

Tree thank you inside

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think! Have a wonderful week!
Don’t forget to come back this weekend for the next TAC blog hop!

Deck the Halls - Christmas
We'll begin decking the halls with a Christmas themed Blog Hop.  Feel welcome to showcase cards, gift ideas, holiday decor and more! Friday the 12th and Saturday the 13th swing over to The Savvy Project’s Blog to share your TAC creation and enter for some yummy blog candy!

Stamps: Good Timber, Trendy Greetings

5 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

OMG I need that Fiskars texture plate!! It is wonderful!!

Chris said...

super great guy card! Love the texture and colors. :)

Christine Pennington said...

great card!

Unknown said...

Very cool! Great textures and colors!

Laurie Unger said...

What a great masculine card - love everything about it!